Common-sense health practices we’ve learned and implemented through 120 years of experience.
We take our pig health as serious as our genetic improvement. We believe that practical pig health management is the key to a healthy, productive herd, for us and for our customers.
The economic benefits of quality pig health include lower production costs and the ability to maximum genetic potential. But the biggest benefit is in knowing that we are all raising pigs that are healthy and well-cared for.
The comprehensive every-day application of sensible pig health management practices is critical. And our high-health assurance program includes routine, system-wide monitoring for a full range of health threats utilizing University, State and Federal laboratories.
Waldo Genetics Health Practices
- Closed-herd system
- Whole-herd program to insure high animal health
- Multi-site production with All-In-All-Out
- Controlled access units with locks and/or security fencing
- Strict bio-security with shower-in and room-to-room barriers
- SPF monitored herds
- Weekly veterinary inspections
- Monthly slaughter exams and serology
- Professional rodent control
- Delivery in disinfected trailers
- Isolation-acclimation protocol for customers
- Vet-to-Vet Conferences